Oh! Apple

My experience of using iPod Touch, iPod Classics, Mac OSX, Coding in XCode, or anything generally related to Apple

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Get Android Studio running properly on Mac OSX 10.10

To set up Android Studio to running properly on Mac OSX 10.10, I went through the following steps:

  • Download and execute android-studio-ide-1641136.dmg  (Andorid Studio installer).
  • Download and execute Java for OSX 2014-001.
  • Download and execute JDK 8.x.
  • Update the Andorid Studio application.
  • When prompted for JDK path, point to "/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_31.jdk/Contents/Home"
  • Set theme to : Base.Theme.AppCompat.Light

And with that I hook up my Nexus 5, and got the hello world code compiled and deployed to my phone.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home